A Brush With Kindness
Low Cost Exterior Home Maintenance
Program serves low-income homeowners
Available for homes or mobile homes
click the calendar below to see upcoming work projects
Brush with Kindness is a low cost exterior home repair program available to low-income homeowners throughout the Inland Valley. Through this program, we are able to assist with exterior painting, landscaping, weed abatement, and other minor exterior repairs. ABWK helps homeowners impacted by age, disability, and family circumstances, who struggle to maintain the exterior of their homes.
How it Works
- Habitat selects ABWK families based on income, need and willingness to partner.
- Habitat uses volunteer labor and donated materials to keep our costs low and take NO profit for our services.
- A no-interest, affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the costs of the project.
- Payments made by homeowners are placed in a revolving fund that goes back to help ABWK help others in need.
- As of right now, we are only able to do EXTERIOR repairs.
- After receiving applications, we review the basics to see if you qualify. Then a Habitat Field Crew leader will go to your home to further evaluate your needs and calculate the costs of the project.
Why it Matters
A Brush with Kindness ensures that families live in safe, well maintained homes. The program is designed to revitalize the appearance of the neighborhood, encourage connections within the community including those with HOA’s, and most importantly help you protect your investment.