A campus chapter is a student-led, student-initiated organization on a high school or college campus that partners with the local Habitat affiliate to fulfill the four functions of a campus chapter which are building, fundraising, advocating and educating.
Current Campus Chapters Include:
Temecula Valley High School
Chaparral High School
Vista Murrieta High School
Clubs on their way to becoming Campus Chapters:
Elsinore High School
Great Oak High School
Murrieta Mesa High School
Examples of Campus Chapter Involvement:
- Participate in Act, Speak Build Week
- Participate in World Habitat Day- annual event held in the Fall, usually includes a free movie!
- Lead Fundraisers
- Youth Build Days
- Leadership Meetings
- Create Christmas Baskets for homeowners
Opportunities for Campus Chapters: Scholarships given by the affiliate (based on funding and fundraising by students), Collegiate Challenge, Global Village Trips, Grant Opportunities, Ability to create your own brand and logo, and more!
Like the Campus Chapter page on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/HabitatIvCampusChapters
Examples of educational events for younger youth:
- Crossroads Community Church, education and awareness event and helped to plant flower pots for homeowners
- Girl Scouts Re-purposing day- Girl Scouts learned about the Habitat ReStore and created their own jewelry holder from a picture frame, they gave back by building a dog house that was donated and sold at the ReStore
For more information visit: http://www.habitat.org/youthprograms/
Or contact our local office at 951-296-3362